Monday 15 June 2015

Week ending 12 June 2015 – the end game


This week had the external examiners visit and yours truly was at the end of a very long list of students. 

It was a different experience from the first encounter as it seemed to go very well. 

The next day the degree results were posted on the wall.  A very long walk to find out the results was rewarded with a pass.  Even better was the grade.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  The best part was finding out that all the 3rd year group have passed.  It has been a journey










 
I was so pleased by a visit from Abby Parkhouse from Alzheimer’s Scotland. I gave a tour of the exhibition and my work.   It was lovely to meet up with Abby again and tell her the positive response I have received about the work.  A little step to raise awareness of memory loss and remove the stigma.

 The positive response of selling 3 artworks.  (Layers of self, sound stories and layers of place).  The first artwork sold was a lovely moment and the 2nd and 3rd has really  boosted my euphoria. 
Layers of Place

Sound Stories

Layers of Self
 
A surreal moment with visits from the family and friends.  It was a strange experience to show my work to my nearest and dearest.  Without their support and encouragement none of this would have been possible.  It seems so little to say thank you but it is said with feeling and a BIG soppy HUG. 

Finally bringing all the work down and saying good bye to many of my friends, tutors, technicians, librarians and all the staff seems to have pulled all the heartstrings with a wee tear. 

Signing off for a while now and Just call me BAD Bachelor of Art and design. 

This was all for a very special person.  Missing you every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment