Sunday 4 May 2014

Week Beginning 28 April 2014 - Printing Saga

Week Beginning 28 April 2014 - Printing Saga
PDP
After much thought I decided to contact a local printer to arrange a limited number of business cards and compliment slips.  
The printer had difficulty working the promotional material I had produced on the publisher programme.  The printer suggested using Photoshop or Illustrator for promotional material.  
 The difficulty with this suggestion is that I am unfamiliar with Illustrator and my Photoshop expertise does not extend to business cards and compliment slips.  I will need to ask for a quick tutorial next time.
 The Printer overcame the publisher programme difficulties and I received the promotional material.  The Printer’s expense was balanced with achieving the PDP brief requirements for a professional finish for promotional material.
The website has been published so watch out world a star is born ha!  For those who are a glutton for punishment the website address is :-
I will be preparing the mount boards for the presentation on the 14th May. 

Contextual and Critical Studies
 The notebook has not been returned from support staff due to technical difficulties.  In other words they can’t get the read programme to work.  I am glad to know that the difficulty was not just my old jink with new technology. 
I requested and received redirected study for Friday Class.  The tutor’ e-mailed my Essay feedback.  I was surprised by his positive comments.  I will need to amend the section with the recycling practice make do and mend and the conclusion.  Miracles do happen it seems!  

The 20 slide presentation has been amended with less text and removal of repeated imagery.  I will need to adjust the script so that the presentation is less rushed. Website

No comments:

Post a Comment